Monday, November 23, 2009

Its Been Awhile (Continued)

So, hopefully I haven't lost too many readers with my lack of updates. It is surprising how the day goes by when there isn't a to do. I have been meaning to write something here for a week now but just never got around to it. What have I been doing? I am not too sure....

Well first things first. With snow and rain falling fast on the coast mountains, skiing is in the front of my mind, and has been for awhile. My last update was waiting to hear from a interview I had at Red Mountain. Well after waiting most of the day, pacing around whereever I was and contemplating what to do, I got the good news phone call! So officially I will be working at Red Mountain (http://www.redresort.com/) in the rental shop/retail!! Rossland is near by, but it is a little expensive... so I will be spending my evenings eating smoke (http://www.trailsmokeeaters.com) in Trail (about 10 km away down the valley). So that solves that.... But the mountain has not seen the snow or rain that whistler, mt washington etc has seen. So I think it won't open until Dec 18th. So what to do until then? I did go for a hike up and ski down a little while ago with some people from the hostel in Rossland. That was awesome and I do have pictures but I forgot the cable to connect my camera... But the snow was up to my knees and got a few good turns in and hit some serious rocks but it was all fun.

So, I have about a month. Well... I haven't been this close to Calgary in a loooong time (I can't remember the last time... maybe I was 12?) so why not head out to Calgary and see my cousin Lucas and Chris and uncle Harold. So that has eaten up a week and that is where I am currently. Unfortunately, both the BC Lions and Stampeders lost yesterday so the Grey Cup being held here at the university next Sunday doesn't hold my attention as much, although I know the rider fans love to party so I am sure it will be fun... I did make it to a flames game as well.... haha it was wierd as a canucks fan but alright as the Blackhawks destroyed the flames 7-1. So a big thank you to Chris for showing me around and taking me to the game, Uncle Harold, and Lucas for having an awesome place to stay on the campus of the University of Calgary! I will have to repay the favour at some point....

And yea... that is life right now.... Ol' Betsy is still running great, but we'll see how she handles the cold and snow and such. Spirits are high and life is good! So hopefully I can post a few pictures eventually and hopefully a few people are still reading... if you do let me know how your doing!

1 comment:

  1. I miss watching Canucks games:o( Living my Canadian adventure through you so keep up the good posts!
    Take care

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete